Affiliate Royale 1.4.1 has been released. This is a critical update for anyone integrating directly with PayPal’s Buy Now or Subscribe buttons. This also affects WishList Member + PayPal users. If you’re integrating Affiliate Royale with PayPal buttons directly or via WishList Member we strongly recommend upgrading to this version right away and following the PayPal button conversion instructions below.
Version 1.4.1 also contains a new integration with Get Response, and a handful of other features/bug-fixes. The full list of changes is at the bottom of this post.
PayPal Button Conversion Instructions:
Due to unannounced changes to the way Shortcodes are allowed to be parsed in WordPress 4.2.3+ – we’ve had to issue a critical fix for anyone using PayPal buttons integration. This affects WishList Members + PayPal user’s as well.
The fix is relatively simple, but will require you to modify all of your existing PayPal buttons HTML a bit after upgrading to Affiliate Royale 1.4.1 or newer.
You’ll need to edit the HTML you copied onto your page and replace <input type=”hidden” name=”custom” value=”[wafp_custom_args]”> with just [wafp_custom_args] and <input type=”hidden” name=”notify_url” value=”[wafp_ipn]”> with just [wafp_ipn].
For WishList Member + PayPal, do the above for only the “[wafp_custom_args]” line as the “[wafp_ipn]” shortcode is not used.
- CRITICAL – Changed PayPal button integration. This affects PayPal and WishList Member integration’s.
- Added GetResponse autoresponder
- Added [wafp_show_if_is_affiliate] shortcode
- Added nonce to signup form to help prevent XSS
- Added ability to add buyer name and email when manually creating transactions
- Changed TOS to show up on become affiliate page
- Removed some vestigial DB upgrade code
- Fixed Shopp integration
- Fixed WooCommerce integration
- Fixed an issue with blank Affiliate Royale signup form
- Fixed conflict with Formidable Pro plugin
- Fixed – more robust cookie checking on default affiliate links
- Fixed issue with HTTPS sites
- Fixed wp_signon issue